Every year, HCHC submits evidence to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) demonstrating our health center’s ongoing practice of patient-centered care. In 2020, the Park View and Elkton clinics joined the Stone Port clinic in becoming PCMH recognized.
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)?
PCMH focuses on you as a whole person and uses a relationship-based approach to your health care. At HCHC we work on partnering with you to provide the best care for you, recognizing that each patient has unique needs, culture, values, and preferences.
Patient Centered Care Works Toward:
- Expanding access
- Enhancing communication internally and externally
- Improving patient satisfaction
- Providing care management
- Engaging in continuous quality improvement
What you can expect from your Medical Home:
- Your team can answer questions and help you better understand your health
- If you need help from other doctors or resources, your team will provide the support you need
- If you are sick, we will try our best to see you on the day you call
- When you have concerns about your health, the team will work with you to find the best way to deal with them
- We offer a sliding fee discount program for medical care
- We offer onsite assistance for marketplace enrollment and resources for obtaining insurance coverage
How does my Medical Home work?
- You have unique health needs. In your Medical Home, we care about you as a whole person
- Your Medical Home team can answer your questions to help you better understand your health care needs
- Your team can answer questions in person, by phone or through our Patient Portal. We also provide after-hours support
- If you need help from other doctors or resources, your team will be there to provide the support you need
- Your Medical Home will work best if you provide us with your medical history
- Your team will track your progress to show you how your medical care is working
- Your Medical Home will provide you with high quality health care including up-to-date educational resources
What you can do to help:
- Ask questions about your health
- Tell the team about health care professionals you are seeing or have seen in the past
- Follow the health care plan you and your team talk about
- Share challenges and successes you have with your health care plan
- Let the team know if you are not satisfied with any part of your Medical Home so that they can make changes
Together, you and your team can work on a plan that:
- Is created just for you
- Works with other health care providers including behavior health specialists
- Keeps you connected with your team
Behavioral Health Integration
In 2020, HCHC achieved a PCMH Distinction in Behavioral Health Integration. The PCMH Distinction in Behavioral Health Integration is awarded to practices that excel beyond the PCMH standards in caring for the behavioral health needs of its patients. It recognizes that all HCHC sites have put resources, evidence-based protocols, tools, and quality measures in place to support the needs of patients with behavioral health conditions. This level of patient-centered care at HCHC is made possible by the diligent work of our Behavioral and the commitment of our primary care providers to integrating behavioral health care into their practice.