As a federally qualified community health center, the Harrisonburg Community Health Center participates in the 340B Prescription Discount Program. This program gives uninsured or underinsured patients access to reduced prices on prescriptions.
What are the benefits of the 340B Program?
- Slide and uninsured self-pay patients receive a discounted price on their prescriptions.
- Insured patients who use a participating pharmacy will access the 340B program and it will benefit HCHC in helping offset the cost of providing uncompensated care to those in need.
What should you know about the 340B Prescription Program?
- Prescriptions must be written by Harrisonburg Community Health Center providers
- You will usually save 20% to 50% on your prescriptions
- The cost of your prescriptions may not always be the same, but you will pay the lowest price available
HCHC 340B Participating Pharmacies
- Medicap Pharmacy (2091 Pro Pointe Ln, Harrisonburg)
- Medicap Pharmacy (1851 Virginia Ave, Harrisonburg)
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy (Burgess Rd, Harrisonburg)*
- Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market Pharmacy (1942 Port Republic Rd, Harrisonburg)*
Harrisonburg Community Health Center also offers a Medication Assistance Program to qualifying patients that can provide certain medications at no charge. Contact our main site for more information or talk to your provider at your next appointment to see if you may qualify.
* Wal-Mart pharmacies do not offer 340B pricing to slide and uninsured patients, but do offer a listing of discount prescriptions. Insured patients using these pharmacies will, however, still benefit HCHC.