Your safety matters to us. HCHC is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), providing you up to date information on changes in our operations and how you can help keep yourself, family, and community safe.
HCHC is now offering Teledentistry for urgent dental care needs. Patients will be able to connect with Dr. Golden through a real-time video chat to determine if an immediate in-office visit is required or if it is a situation that can be scheduled and treated. For more information or to schedule your virtual visit, call our dental clinic at (540) 236-3688.
4/1/20 (4:30 PM)
In an effort to keep you safe and still provide access to the care you need during the COVID-19 outbreak, HCHC is now offering Telehealth visits. This will allow you to see your provider for an acute or Behavioral Health visit without leaving your home. To schedule your Telehealth appointment, call (540) 433-4913. Click here for complete instructions.
¡Bienvenidos a Tele salud!
!Telehealth مرحبًا بك في الزيارة عن البعد
3/26/20 (4:15 PM)
Newly implemented practices to keep our patients, staff and community safe:
- Waiting Room Changes—to reduce the risk of any exposure, HCHC has implemented a check-in process to allow you to wait in your car until it is time for your visit. Simply check-in with the front desk and we will call you when your provider is ready. If you did not drive to your visit, we will provide an isolated waiting area in the clinic for you.
- Sick & Well Scheduling—We will be temporarily adjusting our schedule for ‘well’ visits to occur during the morning hours and ‘sick’ visits to occur in the afternoon. This will allow further measures to keep our patients well and to provide for additional times for cleaning and disinfecting the facility.
To do our part in helping keep our patients, and community healthy, the dental clinic will be available for emergency dental visits only.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this time, and are here to help in any way we can. Please call (540) 236-3688 with any appointment needs, or questions.
Dental Hours are Monday through Thursday 8-5 and Friday 8-12
The safety of our patients and staff is of the upmost importance to the HCHC. In the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have implemented multiple processes to ensure our well patients can still safely receive important health care services to maintain their health.
- Separation of waiting areas and exam rooms into ‘sick’ and ‘well’ sections
- All areas are cleaned thoroughly throughout the day and every evening with CDC COVID-19 approved cleaning agents
- Phone and in-office triage is set up to identify symptomatic patients to ensure they are quickly isolated
- A visitor restriction is in place to allow only one visitor per patient only when required (including minor patients)
- All patients exhibiting any respiratory symptoms are required to mask at all times in our facility
We understand these are stressful times, but want to reassure you that we remain here to assist you with all of your healthcare needs. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call our office at (540) 433-4913.
3/19/20 (5:25 PM)
Effective 3/19/2020—HCHC is temporarily suspending Saturday clinic hours at our main site located on Little Sorrell Drive. The clinic remains open Monday – Friday 7:30AM-6:00PM to assist with any of your care needs. If you’d like to schedule an appointment, please call (540) 433-4913.
3/17/20 (1:15 PM)
Inorder to protect the community and prevent the spread of COVID-19, HCHC is implementing a restricted visitor policy. No more than one person should accompany any patient to appointments (including minors). We request that any additional visitors wait in their car or outside of the facility. All adult patients who are able to safely, should attend appointments without anyone accompanying them. We appreciate your understanding during this time in helping to keep our staff and patients safe.
3/16/20 (3:00 PM)
- To protect those most vulnerable, all appointments scheduled at our VMRC location (for non-residents), will take place at our main site on Little Sorrell Drive through Friday, April 10th at which time we will reevaluate. If you have an appointment at VMRC during this time frame and have not been contacted by a member of our staff, please give us a call at (540) 433-4913 and we will be happy to assist you.
- Effective 3/17/2020, triage stations have been set up at our main site and Elkton location in order to quickly identify those experiencing symptoms in alignment with COVID-19 and direct them to the proper level of care to prevent the spread of disease.
- HCHC currently does not have the equipment to test for Coronavirus or COVID-19. There currently is no vaccine or anti-viral treatment. If you are exhibiting symptoms of (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please call the office before coming in.
- Click here for the CDC’s recommendations on what to do if you begin to experience symptoms.
- If you begin to experience extreme shortness of breath, chest pain or a fever greater than 104, you should call 9-1-1 or go to your closest Emergency Department for evaluation and treatment.