The Medical Case Manager is responsible for carrying out the mission of the to provide quality support services to persons infected and affected with HIV/AIDS. This is accomplished through collaborative and client-centered needs assessment completion, goal setting and making, supporting, coordinating appropriate referrals to specialists and community based resource programs to ensure access to appropriate health services, medications and other available community resources.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a Human Services field; preferably a Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), risk factors for human sexuality issues.
- Knowledge of substance abuse, mental health issues and local options for treatment programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, database programs, Internet.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population, culturally competent.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize multiple tasks, accomplishing goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under a stressful and difficult emotional situations.
- Experience working with and accessing community resources.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including some nights and weekends, or be away for 3-4 days at conferences).
- Have own transportation with full liability insurance.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED
- Certified to administer Rapid HIV testing
- Events planning and coordination experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, insurance and government health programs (SSI, Medicare/Medicaid and Dept. of Social Services).
We offer a great medical benefits package through Optima. HCHC covers 70% of the medical premium per pay period for employee only and 50% for medical premiums per pay period for employee/family medical insurance plans. HCHC offers Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 403B, HSA, FSA, Life, etc. We have a great PTO package that offers 184 hours of PTO in your first year on top of getting six paid Holidays that is separate from your PTO hours. This exclusive package gives our employees a great work/life balance that is hard to find with other organizations.
TO APPLY: Send resume to Terry Martin, HR Director, at email@example.com.
Posted on 9/18/19