Harrisonburg Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. We offer a competitive salary, full benefits, flexible schedule options, 4+ weeks paid vacation annually. Highly desirable location—Harrisonburg is a small city with 3 colleges/universities, located 30 minutes from Shenandoah National Park, and two hours south of Washington DC, but with a very reasonable cost of living. We look forward to hearing from you!
As the IT Manager, this employee plays a critical role in the delivery of community oriented primary health care through the maintenance of functionality and maintenance of the security of the organization’s hardware and software. The IT Manager will identify trends and developments in information technology, assesses related impacts upon business operations, and recommends implementation of technology or services that support the strategic direction of the organization. Oversees all IT performance on a daily basis, taking corrective action where necessary to meet the business needs of HCHC. Serves as the designated HIPAA Security Officer responsible for ongoing management of information security policies, procedures and technical systems. Maintains the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of HCHC data and information system.
- Provides high-quality customer service through courteous and professional communication. Supports and maintains effective relationships by means of consistent follow-up and documentation.
- Provides supervision and leadership to the IT department in the planning, designing, development and installation of technology projects, including team leadership and communication. Develop trusting relationships with senior leadership as well as subordinates/staff. Clearly communicate priorities and expectations.
- Manages staff by leading and influencing; encourages and develops plans for career and professional growth. Creates opportunities for employees to gain work experience utilizing new skills. Trains and mentors junior staff members to ensure appropriate types and levels of skills.
- Serves as technical lead for all personnel on the support staff, while managing incoming requests, purchases, and end user consultations.
- Serves as a senior management leader and liaisons between the technology function and senior management.
- Oversee performance of IT team and technologies on a daily basis, taking corrective action where necessary to meet or exceed commitments and capturing lessons learned to support continuous improvement.
- Develops, implements, and maintains IT service catalog that is aligned with the functional needs of the business.
- Develops, maintains and communicates project plans and schedules, allocates resources, assigns tasks, prioritizes requirements, provides reports and communicates progress. Adjusts project plans as required with minimal supervision.
- Works very closely with product owners, and internal and external developers, to ensure custom software is of the highest quality in terms of usability and maintainability.
- Develops and implements multi-year replacement cycle for all IT equipment including but not limited to: PCs, laptops, tablets, telephones, printers, scanners, servers, and associated equipment.
- Purchases hardware and software and provides significant input into the departmental budgeting process as well as the organization’s capital budgeting process. Manages the design, specification, installation, modification and operation of information technology and/or communications equipment or services in accordance with established priorities.
- In collaboration with business owners, develops a vision for information technology (including telephony) at HCHC and recommends a multi-year operational plan to carry out that vision. Develops multi-year capital plan to support the operational plan.
- Evaluates vendor proposals or technology products and recommends new technologies that will achieve efficiencies, provide additional capabilities, enhance current processes, reduce or eliminate risks, and improve information security.
- In collaboration with appropriate HCHC staff, negotiates vendor agreements within delegated authority. Negotiates and holds vendors accountable to agreed-upon service levels.
- Ensures the vendor products and services meet the technical specifications and policies set by HCHC.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of industry standard change control processes, including thorough documentation and backup procedures.
- Plans and evaluates complex IT systems. Investigates alternatives and researches emerging technology. Identifies trends and developments in information technology, assess related impact upon business operations, and recommend implementation of technology or services that support the strategic direction.
- Develops and presents proposals for technology, equipment, systems, services, and risk prevention that support the organization’s short- and long-range initiatives and priorities and strategic direction.
- Makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand current service levels, develops and executes plans for purchasing, budgeting, and staff employment for IT.
- Ensures the provision of individual and/or group instruction and training to staff on computer technologies.
- Review and evaluate recommendations for project feasibility assessments, cost/benefit calculations, risk factors or situations, and authorizes technology related projects, including purchases, implementation plans, and strategies.
- Communicates administrative policies, procedures and updates to staff and ensures adherence to established HCHC policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, security and safety standards.
- Implements, manages, and enforces information security directives as mandated by HIPAA and other HCHC priorities.
- Ensures the ongoing integration of information security with business strategies and requirements.
- Ensures that access control, disaster recovery, business continuity, incident response, and risk management needs of HCHC are properly addressed.
- Leads information security awareness and training initiatives to educate workforce about information risks.
- Performs information risk assessments to ensure that information systems are adequately protected and meet HIPAA certification requirements.
- In collaboration with the Privacy Officer performs information risk audits to ensure that information systems are adequately protected and meet HIPAA certification requirements.
- In collaboration with the Privacy Officer leads incident response team to contain, investigate, and prevent future computer security breaches.
- Collaborates effectively with others to enhance services, improve processes, and eliminate non-value-add tasks.
- Coordinates with other IT organizations when necessary to ensure consistency of processes and policies and to leverage vendor-pricing structures where possible.
- Produces managerial reports and documentation as necessary to support strategic planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in IT or Computer Science. At least five years of IT experience and one year in a supervisory role. Demonstrated knowledge and use of eClinicalWorks software. Knowledge of MS Office Product Suite. Experience with managing Windows based servers and local based servers in additions to local area networks and wide area networks. Ability to maintain efficient operation of hardware/IT resources.
TO APPLY: Send resume to Terry Martin, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on 1/2/20