Interpreters are very important to the health center. The interpreter’s responsibility for assuring the conveyance of accurate information is critical to diagnosis and subsequent prescribed treatment regimens. Therefore, the position is integral to shaping the potential for successful clinical outcomes for the patient and their health care provider. Within this role, it is critical that the interpreter be courteous, accurate with verbal and written communication as well as with information that the health care provider enters into the electronic medical records system. The interpreter has an important responsibility in helping to achieve clinical outcome measures and certification for a Patient Centered Medical Home. In addition, the interpreter, through efficient communications supports productivity goals for the health center.
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the interpreter provides clinical and administrative interpretation to maximize quality clinical outcomes and efficient administrative operations of the health center. This position is authorized to work in any location recognized as within the scope of the HCHC by HRSA.
- Successful completion of an interpreter training course where proficiency in English and the target language are tested. Employees working as a language interpreter must complete such training and testing within one year of employment.
- Excellent organizational skills; able to use good judgment in prioritizing tasks; good interpersonal communication skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must respect confidentiality of all communications handled in job duties: client/employee records and documents including electronic transmission by voice, data, and wire.
- Experience with multi-cultural and multi-lingual work environment; able to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Advanced skills in PC/word processing, database, spreadsheet, and systems; able to integrate these to produce complex reports and documents. Must be able demonstrate computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
- Hearing: Adequate for job functions.
- Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to staff, patients and the public.
- Vision: Visual acuity normal.
- Other: Must be able to prioritize and problem solve.
We offer a great medical benefits package through Optima. HCHC covers 70% of the medical premium per pay period for employee only and 50% for medical premiums per pay period for employee/family medical insurance plans. HCHC offers Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 403B, HSA, FSA, Life, etc. We have a great PTO package that offers 184 hours of PTO in your first year on top of getting six paid Holidays that is separate from your PTO hours. This exclusive package gives our employees a great work/life balance that is hard to find with other organizations.
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
TO APPLY: Send resume to Terry Martin, HR Director, at email@example.com.
Posted on 9/18/19